About Me

My photo
Hello! My name is Keith Gault and I've been tramping the hills of the UK and further afield for over 40 years now. This blog records some recent hill days undertaken either on my own, with friends, or with clients under my guided hillwalking Company: Hillways (www.hillways.co.uk). I hope you enjoy my diary; please feel free to comment on any of the walks. I will respond to any direct questions.

Saturday 23 July 2011

Ben Nevis - Rush Hour!

Glen Nevis

Well obviously you don’t take the Tourist path up Ben Nevis on the 3rd Saturday of July in bright blue sunshine and expect to have the hill to yourself. We didn’t!

Bill & Adam Lead the Way

A veritable swarm of walkers, runners, charity teams, family groups, dogs and a lady in a burka accompanied Bill, Adam and myself up the UK’s highest chunk of real estate. They were still heading up late in the day as we were finishing – mainly Three Peaks challengers embarking on their 24hr quest.

Tower Ridge

The summit was predictably busy but a snow bunting proved to be a welcome distraction perched on top of the emergency shelter and tweeting his heart out. He’s probably quite a fat little snow bunting by now given the amount of discarded food I saw!

First Munro - Not a Bad Start!

Needless to say, wide expansive views were available all day long and the Ben was in an unusually benign mood – and probably will be for the next few days. Grab it whilst it’s hot!


Check out my future plans for similar walks on: http://www.hillways.co.uk/summer/summer.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment