About Me

My photo
Hello! My name is Keith Gault and I've been tramping the hills of the UK and further afield for over 40 years now. This blog records some recent hill days undertaken either on my own, with friends, or with clients under my guided hillwalking Company: Hillways (www.hillways.co.uk). I hope you enjoy my diary; please feel free to comment on any of the walks. I will respond to any direct questions.

Sunday 22 July 2012

Ben Nevis – Fund Raising & Adventure




Sarah’s charity quest, Fiona’s new-found pursuit of random adventures and an active cold front all conspired to provide an enjoyable, if wet, meander up Ben Nevis last weekend.  Brian came along too to lend Sarah some moral support.  Despite the weather – wet & windy throughout and no views to speak of – we managed the summit in reasonable time and were back in time for tea!

There were fewer charity events evident than during my last visit in June but I distinctly remember doing a double-take on passing Bugs Bunny and Minnie Mouse late in the day!

This was Sarah’s first (and probably last) mountain although further challenges await her this year as she continues  her valiant fund-raising activities.  I think the next item on Fiona’s list was sheep shearing….

Good luck ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment