About Me

My photo
Hello! My name is Keith Gault and I've been tramping the hills of the UK and further afield for over 40 years now. This blog records some recent hill days undertaken either on my own, with friends, or with clients under my guided hillwalking Company: Hillways (www.hillways.co.uk). I hope you enjoy my diary; please feel free to comment on any of the walks. I will respond to any direct questions.

Wednesday 11 June 2014

An Evening Stroll in the Trossachs



Ben Venue & the Crianlarich Hills

As we approach the summer solstice, it’s always great to make the most of the extended hours of daylight and, as we are experiencing this week, good weather.  Consequently, it was most enjoyable to take a wander over the Menteith Hills near Aberfoyle last night looking at upland plants as part of a Mountain Training Association (MTA)  CPD workshop under the skilful tutelage of Arthur Jones from (http://www.trossachstreks.co.uk).


The Lake of Menteith & the Upper Forth Valley

Blessed as we were with fine weather, the evening served not only as a useful education source, but also as an excellent evening walk in a great part of the country!  Once out of the trees, we were treated to fabulous views in all directions, but particularly to the north and west where many familiar mountains were silhouetted against a clear sky and setting sun.


The Campsie Fells

A big thank you to Arthur for his time and knowledge, and to Belinda Fear at MTA for facilitating the workshop in the first place.


My Kind of Workshop!

Oh, and the drive home was pretty special too with a bright and beautiful full moon to guide me! 


Ben Lomond & the Arrochar Alps








No comments:

Post a Comment